Whether you are a beginner pilot or aviation enthusiast, passionate about microlights or a gliding fanatic, or if you prefer the thrills of skydiving, come and discover our range of activities. Recreational aviation makes up a significant part of activities at Laval and Mayenne Airport. There are five structures based here: the Aéroclub de la Mayenne, the gliding school centre, the skydiving school, the Espace Club ULM Microlight Club, and the Amicale des Pilotes Lavallois LavalPilots’ Friendly Association. These associations bring together almost 240 licensees.
The Aeroclub de la Mayenne
Created in 1921, the Aéroclub de la Mayenne was the driving force behind the opening of the Beausoleil aerodrome on 11th July 1937. Whether you are interested in a discovery flight, an initiation flight or learning to fly, the Aéroclub de la Mayenne is there for you. Their flying school is DGAC accredited and offers training to obtain various Certificates and Pilot Licences.
The Aéroclub de la Mayenne has 3 aircraft:
- 1 Viper SD4 RTC (trainer aircraft).
- 1 Robin DR400 Dauphin 4 (trainer and travel aircraft).
- 1 Beechcraft C23 Sundowner (trainer and travel aircraft).
The Aeroclub also offers an amateur construction section enabling aviation enthusiasts to build or restore their own aircraft.
To follow the club’s news, visit their Facebook page.
@Laval Parachutisme @Laval Parachutisme @Laval Parachutisme
The skydiving school centre operates between March and November.
Four types of skydiving are available:
- Tandem jumping: ideal for first timers, you are harnessed to a qualified instructor for around 50 seconds of freefall at 200 km/h.
- Traditional training: teaching the principles and functioning of the parachute, safety rules, body positioning in the air and landing procedures.
- Accompanied progression: minimum of six jumps accompanied by at least one instructor, to gain autonomy in freefall and under canopy.
- Parascending: accessible to young people from the age of 12, whereas other parachuting disciplines are only available to those over 15, it enables you to master a parachute via tow launched flights that ensure a regular and progressive ascent until the pilot detaches him/herself from the towline. Parachutisme Laval (Laval Skydiving)is awarded as a “French School of Parachuting”.
The Centre École de Vol à Voile de la Mayenne (Mayenne Gliding School Centre)
From April to October the Gliding School Centre, which has approximately 30 annual licenses, trains glider pilots (from the age of 14) and rents single and two-seater aircraft to members. Their fleet is comprised of four two-seater gliders, three single seater gliders, one twin-seater motor glider (an SF25), and a flight simulator. It takes around 20 hours of training to be able to fly solo and receive your official certificate. At Laval, gliders are launched by a winch. Find out more >
A trial flight with a qualified pilot costs 90€ and lasts between 25 and 40 minutes.
To follow CEVVM news, visit the club’s website.
+336 30 08 20 12
L’Espace Club ULM Microlight Club
The Laval Microlight Club, created on 6th March 1996, comprises around 15 active members and benefactors, all of whom own their aircraft.
Members participate in:
- Practicing their favourite sport in a friendly and welcoming atmosphere (discussion, helping each other out);
- Participating in club events and activities.
The types of aircraft within the club represent four of the six classes (paramotor, pendular, multiaxis (3-axis) and gyroplane) of microlight.
One of the highlights of the club is its annual participation in the World Microlight Festival in Blois.
L’Amicale des Pilotes Lavallois the Lavallois Pilots’ Friendly Association
@Amicale des Pilotes Lavallois @Amicale des Pilotes Lavallois @Amicale des Pilotes Lavallois
Founded in 2017, the Lavallois Pilots’ Friendly Association organises an annual retro picnic bringing together the various associations across Laval and Mayenne Airport, including pilots from other areas as well as non-pilots (friends, locals, motorcyclists…), in a spirit of conviviality, exchange and discovery.
The Association has also been organising air rally competitions and precision piloting contests onsite for several years, with the CRA (The Loire Regional Aeronautical Committee) and the FFA (French Aeronautical Federation).
To follow the Amicale des Pilotes Lavallois club news, visit their Facebook page.